Friday, September 12, 2008

For the Temple is a Sacred Place...


Tuesday I decided I really needed to go to the temple. I took half the day off and went on my way. It's maybe a 45 minute drive-give or take with traffic. Not really such a big deal. Why I don't go more often I have no idea. Anyway, I'm so glad I went- I really needed to regroup, think about what is important in life and try to find ways to better myself. It's so nice to escape the real world for a few hours.

I saw this video on these amazing people in Nigeria and the sacrifice it took for them to attend the temple and it hit me how easy it is for me to get there and take advantage of these blessings and yet I don't go as often as I should or would like. These people went through a lot more than taking a half day off of work and a 45 minute drive. I'm SO grateful for my blessings. Pretty soon we will have a temple within 5 minutes of my house!!!! It will be so AWESOME! I can't imagine coming up with excuses why I can't go often then!

3 comments:

Jan said...

That puts everything in perspective. We are so blessed.

You did it too. Video central now :)

Bren's Life said...

Mom just told me she saw you there. I have been so extremely bad this past year at going..
We will also have a temple within 5 minutes. Pretty cool!

Pedaling said...

love that arizona temple- where i was married.